If you need to report a problem with Mississippi Mills roads, water, or sewer after hours, phone 613-256-3167. You will get an answering service that will issue a page to our on-call staff.

To get permission for an outside fire, call 613-256-1589 (extension 3). No fires allowed duringa burn ban.

To report problems with a Lanark County road, call 1-613-267.1353, extension 6.

For info on by-law enforcement, check the town's website.

Sign up for email delivery of town news and cultural notices at

Many short news items appear only on my ShaunYourMayor Facebook page.

Feel free to contact me about local issues at 256-9834.

You can email me at

For a list of all Council contacts, visit the town's web site.

If you are a new resident in Lanark County, especially from abroad, get important community and settlement information here.

To publicly comment on any post on this blog, click the Post a Comment link at the end of the article. This opens a window. Enter your comment, pick one of the options for identifying yourself or anonymous, and click Publish Your Comment. The comment does not appear immediately. It remains hidden until I read and accept it. (This is just a way to prevent spam.)